There is a range of fitness tests using a treadmill as the primary exercise mode. Here is a list of aerobic and anaerobic tests using the treadmill exercise mode.
Aerobic Treadmill Tests
- Chester Treadmill Police Walk Test — walking at 6km/hr on a treadmill, increasing gradient by 3% every 2 minutes.
- Chester Treadmill Police Run Test — run at 10.4 km/hr on a treadmill, increasing the gradient every 2 minutes.
- Chester Treadmill Test — walking at 6.2km/hr on a treadmill, increasing the gradient by 3% every 2 minutes.
- Maximal Oxygen Consumption Test (VO2max) — a maximal exercise test to measure VO2max on a treadmill.
- Vmax — simplified version of the VO2max test, just running on a treadmill until exhaustion.
- Bruce Protocol Test — treadmill stress test
- Balke Treadmill Test — another treadmill stress test.
- Astrand Treadmill Test — set speed, with gradual increases in gradient.
Anaerobic Treadmill Tests
- MART (Maximal Anaerobic Running Test) — 20 sec sprint/100 sec recovery, on a treadmill
- Cunningham-Faulkner test — maximal treadmill test at 20% gradient
- Treadmill Ergometers for Fitness Testing — a discussion and comparison of treadmill ergometers for fitness testing.
- Treadmill running power calculation
- Can you do a beep test on a treadmill?
- Guide to Calibrating Treadmills
- A Guide to Treadmills
- List of Testing Equipment
- Buying a treadmill
- "Treadmill" tagged videos
- Fitness tests sorted by exercise mode including Cycling fitness tests