Food Service at the Commonwealth Games
The food supplied in the athlete's village at the Commonwealth Games needs to cater to a diversity of sports, cultures, ages and special dietary needs. Here is some information about the Commonwealth Games village and food menu for previous events.
- 1930 Hamilton: At the British Empire Games held in Hamilton in 1930 the competitors were housed in dormitory style rooms in the Prince of Wales School, in Hamilton, Ontario. The dining hall there had room for 200 diners.
- 2006 Mebourne
- 2010 Delhi
- 2014 Glasgow
- Olympic Village nutrition, includes links to info about the menu at Olympic Games events.
- Nutrition at the Olympics — athlete diets throughout the ages.
- Tips for good nutrition while traveling
- About the Commonwealth Games
- Food Safety Information
- Nutrition for Athletes at Major Events