Alternating Superman Exercise
Equipment Required: none
- Lie face down with arms and legs out straight. Keep your neck in a neutral position.
- Slowly raise one arm and the opposite leg at the same time, until they are several inches off the floor.
- Pause and hold this position for several seconds.
- Slowly lower back to the starting position.
Key points to remember
- The arms and legs should remain straight.
- Exhale as you lift your arms and legs and inhale as you lower them back down.
- In different variations of this exercise, either the arm and leg of the same or opposite side are raised.
- See also The Superman - both arms and legs raised at the same time.
- This exercise is part of the Superhero workout
- See also the Superman Exercise
- Large list of exercise techniques