Beach Sprints Equipment Required:
none, just yourself and a nice stretch of beach
- Running in the sand is best done in bare feet.
- Mark a start and finish line in the sand 20-30 meters apart
- Crouch down facing the direction you are going to sprint
- When ready, accelerate with long powerful strides to the finish line.
- Repeat 5-10 times
Key points to remember
- Warm up before any exercise program. At the beach, a run and some stretches is a good way to start.
- If it is sunny, don't forget to cover yourself up with a hat or some sunscreen. If it is hot, be sure to drink lots of water to stay well hydrated.
- You can change the starting position to lying flat, and start the sprint with a jump up and turn (see image).
- For a more demanding workout, you can do some repeated sprints, by shuttling up and back between the lines several times
- For a more intense workout, try sprinting up some sand dunes.