This exercise is part of the home fitness program, a fitness workout you can do at home with minimal equipment.
Equipment Required: a clear flat area such as a carpet or rug.
- Lie flat on your back on the floor with your knees bent at 90 degrees and feet flat on the floor.
- Extend your arms and place your palms on your thighs.
- Slowly curl the torso, raising your head and shoulders and sliding your hands along your thighs until they reach your knees.
- Lower your head and shoulders back down to the floor.
- Repeat until you have completed your set.
Key points to remember
- Throughout this exercise, keep your abdominal muscles tight.
- Breathe out as you curl up, breathe in as you return to the floor.
- Perform the movement in a smooth motion.
- To increase the difficulty, you can hold a weighted object to the chest.
- More of fitness at home exercises
- General Sit-Up Description
- sit ups for the beach
- sit up endurance and strength fitness tests
- Sit Up World Records
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.