Running in the water at the beach is a great way to add extra intensity to your running. This is just one of the many activities you can do at the beach that will provide you with health benefits, though they won't seem like exercise at all. You can also just run in the sand.
Equipment Required: none, just yourself and a nice stretch of sand and water
- This activity can be used for a warm-up or as a workout.
- You will need to remove any footwear for this activity
- Find a section of beach where the waves are flattening out and there are no rocks or other obstructions
- Run along the edge of the water with the water between ankle and knee height.
Key points to remember
- Warm up before any exercise program. At the beach, a run and some stretches is a good way to start.
- If it is sunny, don't forget to cover yourself up with a hat or some sunscreen. If it is hot, be sure to drink lots of water to stay well hydrated.
- Running in deeper water requires you to lift you knees higher and gives you more of a workout.
- See also Sand Running at the beach