Incline Dumbbell Press
Equipment Required: a pair of dumbbells and an adjustable incline bench.
- Sit down on an incline bench, with both feet on the floor and a dumbbell in each hand, resting on your thighs.
- Lift up the weights to your shoulders and lean back on the bench.
- Press the dumbbells up, keeping your elbows to the sides until your arms are extended.
- Lower the weight back to inline with the shoulders.
- Repeat the action for a number of repetitions.
Key points to remember
- When holding the dumbbells with arms extended, avoid locking the elbows.
- Keep the abdominals tight and the lower back in a neutral position.
- You can perform the exercise with alternate arm action.
- See the similar Dumbbell Press
- A similar exercise using a barbell instead of dumbbells is the bench press
- See the full list of Dumbbell Exercises
- See the gym Bench Press Exercise
- Free weights for sale in the fitness store.