Top-10 Endurance Sports
Which sports are rated highest for endurance? This list is based on the ratings of the factors of success considered most important by visitors to this website. The top rated sports for endurance are all clearly endurance based sports: orienteering, triathlon and rowing.
The ratings are still being recorded (this list is from December 2019), so the list order may change over time. Although over 50 of the world's major sports have been analyzed, there may be others that were not included and could also be ranked highly too. You can add your own rating for sports.
The endurance sports ranking list by the expert panel from ESPN may provide a more reliable list, compared to this list using website user ratings.
|6||Swimming (200m Free)||80.8|
- Sports ranked by other factors of success
- Sporting components of athleticism
- A discussion about the Components of Fitness
- What is the Fittest Sport?
- Sport Specific Fitness
- Sport Specific Fitness Testing
- Sports and Fitness Top-10s
Commenting is closed on this page, though you can read some previous comments below which may answer some of your questions.
- Ozzie (2015)
Just saying you need to be fitter in AFL than in rugby and rugby union
- Andrew (2013)
- Anaon (2013)
Rack off Rowing is just so much harder than most of those sports..
- "Marathon runners talk about hitting 'the wall' at the twenty-third mile of the race. What rowers confront isn't a wall; it's a hole - an abyss of pain, which opens up in the second minute of the race. Large needles are being driven into your thigh muscles, while your forearms seem to be splitting. Then the pain becomes confused and disorganized, not like the windedness of the runner or the leg burn of the biker but an all-over, savage unpleasantness. As you pass the five-hundred-meter mark, with three-quarters of the race still to row, you realize with dread that you are not going to make it to the finish, but at the same time the idea of letting your teammates down by not rowing your hardest is unthinkable...Therefore, you are going to die. Welcome to this life." -- Ashleigh Teitel
- Chris (2012)
Orienteering: All the demands of long distance running but in the bush, combined with the demands of high concentration and decision making in your navigation. ALSO: Flying competition aerobatics, combining precision flying, high G (+/-10 G) manoeuvres, disorientation and concentration to complete your routine
- Andrew (2020)
they really put cricket in front of hockey. I understand some test games are long, but half the time they're standing or sitting anyways.