The one expense that it is worth spending a little money on is a good pair of running shoes. It may be worth finding a actual running shoe store, and get fitted by a professional. It usually won’t cost you anything more and you’ll be happy you did. Try and avoid buying shoes based on your favorite colors or brand names, and get the best pair for your feet and your biomechanics.
Shoes are not just to protect your feet anymore. They are made to make you run faster, jump higher and be more agile. Of course this new generation of exercise shoes are not going to replace hard training, but they may help to maximize what you already have. Below are some links to information about a few specific sports and fitness shoes. See also the shoe buying guide: What to Look For in Running Shoes, and a guide to Getting the Right Fit.
Some Training and Competition Specific Shoes
- Nike Vaporfly — the most advanced running shoe, scientifically designed for marathon runners.
- Strength Shoes — training footwear that is designed to strengthen your body so you can jump higher, increase your vertical leap, run faster and increase quickness.
- Mercurial Vapor 4 — a very lightweight football shoe featuring speed plate technology, designed to make players fastest to and with the ball.
- Katapult Training Shoe — the new generation of strength training shoes.
- Nike SPARQ Test Pro — a testing and training shoe that has been specifically designed to assist athletes to achieve their maximum score during combine testing events.
- Buying guide: What to Look For in Running Shoes
- Running Shoes: Getting the Right Fit
- Buy Nike Shoes in our online store.
- Fitness testing shoes
- Most Common Exercise Injuries to Your Feet and How to Prevent Them