The Nike Vaporfly running shoe was first released in 2016, in conjunction to Nike's Breaking2 project that aimed to break the 2-hr marathon. It is the most advanced running shoe, scientifically designed for marathon runners. The advanced features of this shoe can make runners up to four percent more efficient than Nike's previous fastest marathon shoe. To get these benefits, you will have to fork out USD$250, so it is really for the serious runners out there.
The Vaporfly shoe was first designed specifically for marathon runners. The shoe includes a full-length carbon plate, which is intended to minimize energy loss during toe bend without increasing demand for the calf. The ZoomX midsole cushioning is designed to provide an energy return to the runner.
- A Nike ZoomX midsole for cushioning
- A full-length carbon plate
- These shoes may look similar to the Nike Zoom Fly, but are miles ahead in features.
- Another popular marathon shoe prior to the release of the Nike Vaporfly was the Adidas Adios Boost shoe.
- Buy Nike Shoes in our online store
- All about Super Shoes
- Athletics Equipment
- Mercurial Vapor 4 — very lightweight football shoe featuring speed plate technology, designed to make players fastest to and with the ball.
- Other fitness shoes to help you perform.
- About Sports Shoes
- Buying guide: What to Look For in Running Shoes
- Sport Shoe Designs of the Future
- Running Shoes: Getting the Right Fit
- See the Nike SPARQ Test Pro fitness testing and training shoe.
- Other Fitness Products