Winter Olympics Host City List
The winter Olympic Games were first held in 1924, beginning a tradition of holding them a few months earlier and in a different city than the summer Olympic Games. Beginning in 1994, the winter Olympic Games were held in completely different years (two years apart) than the summer Games. Winter Games were held just two years apart in 1992 and 1994 to achieve this.
List of Winter Olympic Games Host Cities
The 2022 Winter Olympics will be held in Beijing China. The following Winter Olympics will be in Italy. Click on the links for more information about each of the past Games. See also the list of host city bidding cities, dates and time zones, and location.
|Year||Host city||Country||Dates Held|
|2026||Milan and Cortina d'Ampezzo||Italy||February 6–22|
|2018||PyeongChang||South Korea||February 9–25|
|2002||Salt Lake City||United States||February 8-24|
|1980||Lake Placid||United States||February 13-24|
|1964||Innsbruck||Austria||January 29-February 9|
|1960||Squaw Valley||United States||February 18-28|
|1956||Cortina d'Ampezzo||Italy||January 26 - February 5|
|1952||Oslo||Norway||February 14 - 25|
|1948||St. Moritz||Switzerland||January 30 - February 8|
|1936||Garmisch-Partenkirchen||Germany||February 6 - 16|
|1932||Lake Placid||United States||February 4 - 15|
|1928||St. Moritz||Switzerland||February 11 - 19|
|1924||Chamonix||France||January 25 - February 5|
Host City Trivia
- The Winter Games has been held in the USA four times (the most of any country): 1932, 1960, 1980 and 2002. The US has also hosted the Summer Games four times (1904, 1932, 1984 and 1996).
- France has hosted the Winter Games three times (1924, 1968 and 1992), and the summer games twice (1900 and 1924).
- List of Winter Olympics Bid Cities
- List of Host Cities of the Summer Olympics
- Summer Games host city trivia
- List of Olympic Host Countries (both Winter and Summer)
- Winter Olympics main page.