The 2018 Winter Olympic Games were held in Pyeongchang, South Korea, between February 9 and 25. Pyeongchang was announced as the winning bid in July 2011 by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The two other candidates which applied to host the Games were Annecy, France, and Munich, Germany.
- Russia were banned from sending a team to the 2018 Winter Olympics, though individual athletes who qualified and also demonstrated they have complied with the IOC's doping regulations were allowed to compete as Independent Athletes, as "Olympic Athletes from Russia."
- Six countries made their Winter Olympics debuts: Ecuador, Eritrea, Kosovo, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
- The official mascots for the Games were Soohorang, a white tiger, and Bandabi, an Asiatic black bear.
- South Korea has hosted the Olympic Games once before, the Summer event in Seoul 1988.
- Pyeongchang is the third Asian city to host the Winter Games; the other two were in Japan, Sapporo (1972) and Nagano (1998)
- Sports List for Pyeongchang 2018
- List of Venues
- 2018 Medal Tally (see predictions)
- Nutrition at the PyeongChang Games
- Ticketing Information.
- Other Host Cities
- Previous Games: Sochi 2014
- Sport in South Korea