Host City: Sarajevo 1984
The Winter Olympic Games were held in Sarajevo, Yugoslavia, in 1984, between Feb 8-19. The were 49 Nations competing, which is 12 more than the previous record for the Winter Games. There was a total of 1272 participants in 39 events.
- This was the first Winter Olympics to be held in a socialist country.
- Britain's Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean won gold in the ice dancing competition, getting perfect scores from all judges for artistic impression.
- Videos from the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo
- More Winter Olympics Host Countries
- Winter Olympics main page.
- Sport in Yugoslavia