The Asian Games (popularly known as Asiad) is considered the second largest multi-sport competition in the world (after the Olympic Games). The Games were first held in 1951. The Asian Games were last held Jakarta Indonesia in 2018. The 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou have been postponed until September 2023.
For the 2022 Asian Games, there will be a total of 42 sports included in the program, See more on the Asiad sports.
- Sports — about the sports at the Asian Games
- Countries — information about each country that has participated at the Asian Games.
- History — about the history of the event.
- Hosts — about the host countries and cities.
- Trivia — trivial information about the Games.
Other Major Sporting Events in the Asia Region
- Southeast Asian Games — for nations in Southeast Asia
- East Asian Games — for nations in East Asia
- West Asian Games — for nations in West Asia
- Central Asian Games — for nations in Central Asia
- South Asian Games — for nations in South Asia
- Asian Beach Games — a multi-sport event held every two years among athletes representing countries from Asia.
- Asian Indoor-Martial Arts Games — combining Asian Indoor Games and Asian Martial Arts Games.
- Asian Winter Games — the Winter Asiad has been held about every four years since 1986.
- Asian Youth Games
- Children of Asia International Sports Games — an international multi-sport event for young athletes from the Russian regions, countries of Asia, and members of the Olympic Council of Asia.
- Asian Football Cup
- About the Afro-Asian Games
- Other major world multi-sport events
- World events calendar