Complete Guide to the Beep / Bleep Test
The beep test is possibly the most commonly used endurance fitness test conducted around the world. It is so popular because it is simple to conduct, requires minimal and inexpensive equipment, and large groups can be tested at once.
The test goes by many names (shuttle run test, beep, bleep test (UK), yo-yo, PACER, Aero, multistage fitness test, MSFT), but is essentially the same whatever it is called.
As it is so popular, there is a lot of information about the test, including the many pages of info on this site. There is also a lot of research on the test, and data on results and interpretation. Below you will find links to a large range of information about the beep test.
Conducting the test
- Test Procedure — detailed instructions for conducting the beep test.
- Test Videos — video examples of the beep test being conducted.
- Beep Test Recording Sheet — download and print a recording sheet.
- Introduction — the verbal instrucitons to be given prior to the test
About the Test
- Beep Test Table — which has all the timings and speeds for the commonly used beep test
- Beep Shuttle Listing — comparison listing of the number of runs for each level of common versions of the test.
- Test Variations — history of the test and descriptions of some of the variations of the test.
- Beep Test Tips — 10 tips to give you a boost to your beep test core.
- Maximizing Your Score — hints on how to get the most out of the beep test, and reach your true potential.
- Training for the beep test — reaching your targets.
Scoring the Test
- Beep Test Spreadsheet - a table for recording results, with functions to calculate and report results.
- Beep Test Norms — how did you go? See this table of ratings for all ages.
- Calculating Your Score — calculator to help determine your VO2max equivalent score from your beep test results.
- Convert to Decimal Scores — to work out team averages you need the results in decimals.
- What's your best score? — a large database of results for athletes from a variety of sports.
- Beep Test Records — some of the best scores ever recorded.
- Test Standards — what level you need to reach for your work or sport.
- Beep Test Competitions — beep test challenges.
Beep Test cd & Software
- Free beep test mp3 download
- Purchasing the beep test cd — information on how and where you can purchase a beep test cd or mp3 digital download.
- Beep Test Software — provides the standard Multistage Fitness Test or Bleep Test right on your PC or Laptop, with many additional features.
- More Beep Test Products - all you need to set out, conduct and analyze your beep test.
- Beep FAQ — some common questions and answers about the beep test.