Bleep Test Athlete Results
> for comprehensive information on the multistage 20m beep test, see the Beep Test Home
Despite there being lots of references to the beep/bleep test online, there are only limited instances of actual scores or results being published. The following are just some that are known or have been found through searching on the internet. Consider these scores with a grain of salt, as it is not always not known what test version or protocol are used (see variations), or how strictly the protocol has been enforced.
There are unconfirmed rumors that some athletes have completed the whole 23 levels of the test, which is highly unlikely. Top elite endurance athletes would be expected to reach up to level 19. See also details of best ever beep test results. Below are some of the test scores that have been found, with not all of them being confirmed.
AFL, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Hockey (Field), Hockey (Ice), Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, Squash, Track and Field, Motor Sports, other, Netball, Other (Female Sports, Celebrities, Juniors)
- 16.1 achieved by Handball player Maurizio Minetti from Ossola, Italy in Oct 2009. (unconfirmed result, submitted by site visitor)
- World Best Beep Test Scores
- other Fitness Test Results
- Maximizing Your Score - to get the most out of the beep test.
- References for the beep test
- Test Procedure - Detailed instructions for conducting the beep test. Also video examples.
- Calculating Your Score - calculator to determine your VO2max equivalent score
- Purchasing the cd
- calibrating you beep test tape
- Beep Shuttle Listing - a listing of the number of runs for each level
- Team Beep Test — software to run the beep test on your computer and record results in real time.