At the Devonport Carnival
The Devonport Aths Club annual carnival was the first in Australia to hold a beep test competition for a cash prize. The Devonport Carnival first held a Beep Test competition in 2009, and held for several years up to at least 2016. The event is named after former Olympic marathon runner Dave Chettle (winners receive the Dave Chettle Perpetual Trophy).
In 2010 the winner was Tasmanian distance running champion Grant Page of Hobart. Page eliminated about 30 opponents by the 14th level. In 2011, the total prize money was $1000 in total. First prize = $400, 2nd = $250, 3rd = $150, 4th = $100, 5th = $50, 6th = $50.
After Devonport held a beep test competition for a cash prize, the idea attracted interest interstate. A beep test competition may also soon appear on the program for the Stawell Easter Carnival in Victoria. The Victorian Athletic League CEO Mark Howard is considering it for all Victorian carnivals, including Stawell and Bendigo.
- Free download of the beep test mp3
- What's your best score? — a large database of results for athletes from a variety of sports.
- Beep Test Norms — how did you go? See this table of ratings for all ages.
- Beep Test Records — some of the best scores ever recorded.
- Beep Test Standards — what level you need to reach for your work or sport.
- Beep Test Software — provides the standard Multistage Fitness Test or Bleep Test right on your PC or Laptop, with many additional features.
BEEP TEST PACKAGE - only $10
The 20m Beep Test (male & female voices) + Training Levels + 'Beeps Only' track + Excel Spreadsheet + eBook Guide (PARQ, consent form, test recording sheet, warm-up, tips, norms + much more!)
The ultimate beep test package, including two versions of the beep test audio file (male and female voice), an audio track with only the beeps (no voices), 8 audio tracks for training at specific test levels, an Excel spreadsheet with an offline calculator and tables for recording, analyzing and presenting results, a 12-page eBook beep test guide which includes a PARQ, informed consent form, and test recording sheet plus much more. All these files are available individually for $5 each, or even better get them all for $10. Check out the details.