The Next 'New' Olympic Sport?
Here are the archived results from a poll that ran on this site up to 2016. There were many sports in consideration for inclusion on the program for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, eventually five new sports were added to the program: baseball and softball, karate, sport climbing, skateboarding and surfing.
At the time, the following sports had been excluded, and we asked which of these were worthy of a place on the Olympic program.
The sports listed here are those which the IOC had shown interest in adding to the program. There are also many others that would like to be part of the Olympics, but have limited chance.
Of a total of 2,571 votes, netball was the popular choice for getting a place into the Olympics. Second placed baseball and softball got its wish of getting back on the program, and unfortunately for one of the world's most popular sports, cricket, it does not look like they will make it back onto the program for a long time. If India ever got to host the event, then it might be a chance.
|Baseball + Softball||273||11%|
|None - no more sports||44||2%|
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- A similar poll that was asked in 2019, Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), 2016 - Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), 2012 - Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), and another asked in 2013 Which Olympic sport to add? (archived) and again Which Olympic sport to add? (archived)
- More Olympic Games Polls
- About the Summer Olympics
- List of all Summer Olympic Games Sports
- See also the poll about your least favorite Summer Olympic Games sport
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls
- suggest a poll