Which of these sports should be included for the 2020 Olympics?
Here are the archived results from a poll that ran on this site in 2013. In September 2013, the IOC voted on which sport to add to the Olympic Games program for 2020 and 2024. There were initially eight sports in the running for inclusion on the program, but in May 2013 the IOC cut karate, roller sports, sport climbing, wakeboarding and wushu from this list, leaving baseball-softball, squash and wrestling on the shortlist.
We ran a poll for a short time on this site to select which of the three (baseball-softball, squash and wrestling) should be selected.
The announcement of which of these sports will appear at the Olympic Games in 2020 took place on 8th September in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The favorite wrestling got the nod. This was also the opinion of the visitors to this site. Out of 73 votes, wrestling was also the top pick.
There is a new poll about which sports should be added to the Olympics.
|baseball / softball||21||29%|
The IOC Vote
Wrestling won the IOC vote with a majority of 49 votes, while a combined baseball/softball bid got 24 votes and squash 22.
The same poll conducted on http://www.insidethegames.biz, with many more respondents, found a similar result (Total votes: 103,700).
- Wrestling - 55.6% (57,607 votes)
- Baseball-softball - 26% (27,003 votes)
- Squash - 18.4% (19,090 votes)
Disclaimer: These polls are not scientific, and only reflect the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- A similar poll that was asked in 2016 - Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), in 2012 - Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), and another asked in 2013 Which Olympic sport to add? (archived)
- More Olympic Games Polls
- About the Summer Olympics
- List of all Summer Olympic Games Sports
- See also the poll about your least favorite Summer Olympic Games sport
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls
- suggest a poll