What Will Be The Next 'New' Olympic Sport?
Recently there have been many changes to the sports that make up the program at the Olympic Games. Firstly golf and rugby were added for Rio in 2016. For the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, five new sports were added to the program: baseball and softball, karate, sport climbing, skateboarding and surfing, and in 2024 breakdancing will make its debut. See olympic program changes.
There are many other sports that could be considered worthy of a place on the Olympic program. In the poll below, we have listed sports which the IOC has shown interest in adding to the program, and other sports which have been lobbying for inclusion.
The last time we ran a similar poll, most people selected 'other'. The last poll was also highjacked following an online campaign by fans of the sport ultimate. A similar thing happened in 2013 when Equestrian was voted as the favorite 2016 Summer Olympic Sport. The same may happen again, so don't assume this poll poll to truly reflect the overall public opinion.
Disclaimer: This poll is not scientific and reflects only the opinion of visitors to this website who have chosen to participate.
- A similar poll that was asked in 2019, Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), 2016 - Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), 2012 - Which Olympic sport to add? (archived), and another asked in 2013 Which Olympic sport to add? (archived) and again Which Olympic sport to add? (archived)
- Do you think esports be added to the Olympic Games program [poll]
- More Olympic Games Polls
- About Olympic Games program changes
- About the Summer Olympics
- List of all Summer Olympic Games Sports
- See also the poll about your least favorite Summer Olympic Games sport
- List of Sports and Fitness Polls