Nutrition & Traveling
Usually, when we travel a lot we suffer from bad diets, lack of proper sleep, stress, etc. and these things slow down the rebuilding of damaged cells and body parts. When you are away from home, you may not be able to help the amount of time you sleep, or adjust to the time changes as easily as you would like. Plus, you may not even be able to exercise as regularly as you would like. The one thing that is in your control is what you choose to eat. What you choose to use as fuel for your body during these demanding times is very important.
It is important to take the time and try to eat well and keep your body working at its full potential. Unfortunately for the traveler, the familiar foods from home may not be readily available. On the other hand, this is also the chance for you to sample the local cuisine, one of the highlights of traveling to another country. You need to be careful about your food choices, as you may not always be able to safely eat when, where and what you wish.
Travel & Nutrition Articles
- Food Safety — Foods and water can be a source of contamination and have the potential to make you sick if care is not taken.
- Travelers; Be Careful What You Eat — a guide to eating safely while traveling.
- Breakfast Guide for Travelers — how to start each day right with a healthy breakfast, even if you are on the road and eating out.
- Watch Out for the Buffet — a traveler will come across many buffets, and it takes some great willpower to keep to your healthy eating plan.
- Packing Healthy Snacks — a discussion about packing healthy snacks when you travel.
- Airport Stopovers — a guide to healthy eating at the airport.
- Nutrition for the traveling athlete
- Nutrition and Eating Out - guides to restaurant and take-out eating.