Squat Stretch Exercise
- To strengthen and stretch around your hips, in preparation for labor.
Equipment Required: none
- Start by standing with your feet approximately shoulder width apart.
- Squat down as low as you can, keeping your feet flat on the ground if possible.
- Press your knees apart with your elbows.
- Hold for a few minutes, or even longer if you are comfortable in that position.
Key points to remember
- Stop this exercise if you feel any pain
- If you are finding it hard to keep your balance, squat near a wall or chair that you can hold on to for support. Putting a rolled up towel under your heels may also help you keep your balance.
- Other pregnancy exercises
- women and fitness
- About post-pregnancy exercise
- squat exercise during pregnancy