Equipment: leg curl machine
- Lay facing down on the bench.
- Your knees should be just over the edge of the bench.
- Adjust the machine so that the padding is on the low part of your calf muscle.
- Grip the normally supplied handles.
- Bend your legs at the knee to bring the padding to touch the back of your legs.
- Return the weight back to the starting position using a controlled movement.
Key points to remember
- Avoid arching your back.
- Each leg can be used individually to isolate each muscle group
- As an eccentric exercise alternative, a excess weight can be raised (or assisted lift) by your partner, then you lower the weight gradually.