Dumbbell Forward Raises
Equipment Required: a pair of dumbbells
- Start by standing with the feet shoulder width apart and the torso in an upright position, with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Turn the dumbbells so that the palms are facing your thighs and slightly bend at the elbows.
- Keeping your arm relatively straight, raise your right arm in front of you until the dumbbell is directly in front of your shoulder.
- Pause and slowly lower to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with the left arm, and continue alternating arms until all repetitions are complete.
Key points to remember
- Keep the abdominals tight and the lower back in a neutral position
- This exercise can be performed with the hands turned so that the palm is facing behind you. This will work a more lateral part of the shoulder.
- See also the dumbbell side raise