- The 2003 FIFA Women's World Cup was moved to the United States after the SARS epidemic hit China. As compensation China received the 2007 World Cup hosting rights.
- It is the second time that China has hosted the Women's World Cup, having hosted the first one in 1991.
- 16 nations participated in the tournament, which was held in the cities of Chengdu, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Tianjin and Wuhan.
- The tournament was held between September 10-30, with the semi finals played on September 26 and 27 and the final on Sunday 30 September in Shanghai.
- The 2007 Women's World Cup is the only World Cup (for men or women) in which every competing team had played in a previous final tournament.
- In the final, Germany tamed Brazil to win 2-0.
- China at the Women's World Cup
- About the following World Cup, in Germany 2011
- List of Women's World Cup host countries
- Men's Football World Cup Hosts
- Women's World Cup Info
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.