Women's Soccer World Cup China 1991
- The first Women's World Cup tournament was held in 1991, 61 years after the Men's.
- The event was the idea of a FIFA official during the 1986 Men's World Cup in Mexico.
- The event was called the Women's World Championship
- There were 12 participating countries.
- USA holds the record for the most goals in
a single Women's World Cup when they scored 25 in 1991 (China).
- The largest margin of victory in a Women's World
Cup match happened twice: Sweden beat Japan 8-0 (1991 in China). The other time was when Norway beat Nigeria 8-0 (1995 in Sweden).