Qualifiers for Russia 2018
Home | Schedule | Venues | Results | Goal Scorers
As the host nation, Russia qualified automatically for the 2018 World Cup. The other 31 qualifiers were finalized in 2017. The top seeds to qualify were Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France. See info about the Group Draw for Russia 2018 to see who each team plays in the early rounds.
Twenty countries who competed in 2014 were also at the 2018 edition in Russia.
Qualifiers Based on Geographic Region
- Europe: Russia (qualified as hosts, world ranking: 65), France (7), Portugal (3), Germany (1), Serbia (38), Poland (6), England (12), Spain (8), Belgium (5), Iceland (21), Switzerland (11), Croatia (18), Sweden (25), Denmark (19)
- South America: Brazil (2), Uruguay (17), Argentina (4), Colombia (13), Peru (10)
- Africa: Nigeria (41), Egypt (30), Morocco (48), Tunisia (28), Senegal (32)
- Central America: Mexico (16), Costa Rica (22), Panama (49)
- Asia: Iran (34), Japan (44), South Korea (62), Saudi Arabia (63), Australia (43)
The lowest ranked team to qualify was Russia, who were automatic qualifiers. The lowest ranked teams to win their place through the qualifying rounds were South Korea (62nd) and Saudi Arabia (63rd). The highest ranked team to miss the finals was Chile, ranked 9th at the time of qualifying.
- About the Group Draw for Russia 2018
- Teams that have participated at the World Cup
- List of all World Cup Host Countries
- FIFA World Cup Home
- Sport in Russia