South Korea at the World Cup
South Korea's best world cup result was 4th position in 2002 - in all others that they qualified for they were knocked out in the first round. They have again qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, making it their 9th successive appearance in this tournament, and 10th overall.
- In 2002, The Korean team upset some more highly fancied opposition to make it into the 3rd place playoff. Along the way they beat Portugal, Italy and Spain.
- The quickest yellow card shown to a substitute in the history of World Cup finals was awarded to Korean forward Cha Doo-Ri during his two-minute's play in a First Round match against Poland on 4 June 2002. Cha Doo-Ri was booked only after 20 seconds after coming in as a substitute during injury time.
- As North Korea has also qualified for the 2010 Cup, this will be the first time in World Cup history that both North Korea and South Korea will participate in the same tournament.
- About the women's team from South Korea at the FIFA Women's World Cup
- List of all countries who have participated in the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Home
- About Sport in South Korea