South Korea's best World Cup result was 4th position in 2002. Two other times they have progressed past the group stage in 2010 and 2022.
The 2022 FIFA World Cup was their 10th successive appearance in this tournament, and 11th overall.
- In 2002, The Korean team upset some more highly fancied opposition to make it into the 3rd place playoff. Along the way they beat Portugal, Italy and Spain.
- The quickest yellow card shown to a substitute in the history of World Cup finals was awarded to Korean forward Cha Doo-Ri during his two-minute's play in a First Round match against Poland on 4 June 2002. Cha Doo-Ri was booked only after 20 seconds after coming in as a substitute during injury time.
- As North Korea also qualified for the 2010 Cup, it was the first time in World Cup history that both North Korea and South Korea participated in the same tournament.
- About the women's team from South Korea at the FIFA Women's World Cup
- List of all countries who have participated in the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup Home
- About Sport in South Korea