There are a few international events in which the sporting events revolve around the beach and similar activities.
- World Beach Games — The inaugural World Beach Games was held in Qatar in 2019, featuring sports which were a mixture of sports traditionally played on sand or taking place on the water. A follow up event has yet to be held.
- South American Beach Games — a biennial multi-beach-sport event in which South American countries compete. The event is overseen by the South American Sports Organization (ODESUR).
- African Beach Games — a continental multi-sport event for athletes from Africa. The first event was held in June 2019.
- Asian Beach Games — a multi-sport event to be held every two or four years among athletes representing countries from Asia.
- Mediterranean Beach Games — consist of only water sports and beach sports, held every 4 years since 2015.
- International University Beach Games —
- Arab University Games for Beach Sports — held in 2016
- South Asian Beach Games - has been held once, in 2011 in Hambantota Sri Lanka
- List of Beach Sports — sports played at the beach or in sand
- Olympic Beach Volleyball
- Surfing at the Olympics — coming soon
- About the Nude Beach Olympics (unusual sports)
- Other International Multi-Events
- Multi-Sport Events (Games) Calendar