The African Beach Games is a multi-sport event among athletes representing countries from Africa. The first games are to be held in 2019 on the island of Sal, Cape Verde.
The sports involved are mostly beach or water sports, including popular beach sports as well as sports competing on the water. The inaugural event will include these 11 sports:
- Beach Handball
- Beach Tennis
- Karate (Kata)
- Freestyle Football
- Open Water Swimming — men's and women's 5km races
- Coastal Rowing — men's and women's solo, mixed double sculls
- Half Marathon — events for men and women
- Beach Soccer
- Beach Volleyball
- Basketball 3x3
- Kiteboarding — men's and women's individual formula kite, men's and women's individual twintip:racing
There will also be a demonstration of TeqBall.
The next African Beach Games
- The first African Beach Games are due to be held on the island of Sal, Cape Verde in June 14-23, 2019.
- Other Beach Games, including the World Beach Games
- About the African Games and other events in the region
- About Sport in Cape Verde
- Other International Multi-Events
- Multi-Sport Events (Games) Calendar