The International University Beach Games has been held in 2015, and twice in 2017. It is an event involving teams representing countries of South America.
The first edition of the International University Beach Games was held in the Brazilian city of Aracaju in December 2015. The event comprised teams from Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay in three sports - beach handball, beach soccer and beach volleyball.
The second edition of the International University Beach Games took place between 27 March and 1 April 2017 in Maceió and will feature 250 athletes from more than 10 countries: Chile, Paraguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Mexico, Uruguay, Colombia, as well as an African team in a student internship in Brazil. They competed in beach handball, beach soccer and beach volleyball, in men's and women's tournaments.
In December 2017, the 3rd edition of the International University Beach Games was held in Brazilian city of Manaus, and involved 300 student athletes.
The Next International University Beach Games
- The 4th International University Beach Games?
- World Beach Games — the first event is due to be held in 2019, 14 sports will feature on the program, which will be a mixture of sports traditionally played on sand and others which take place on the water.
- The Asian Beach Games is a multi-sport event to be held every two years among athletes representing countries from Asia.
- Other Beach Games
- List of Beach Sports
- Other International Multi-Events
- Multi-Sport Events (Games) Calendar