Mediterranean Beach Games
The Mediterranean Beach Games (MBG) is a beach version of the Mediterranean Games, a multi-sport event among athletes representing countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
The first MBG were held in Pescara Italy in 2015. The second event was held on the beaches of Patras, Greece, in 2019. The third is scheduled to be held again in Greece in 2023 in Heraklion (the 2019 event was postponed due to the coronavirus).
The sports involved are mostly beach or water sports, including popular beach sports as well as sports competing on the water. The upcoming event in 2023 will include these sports:
- Aquathlon — consists of three parts, running 2.5km, 1km swimming and again 2.5km running
- Beach Handball
- Beach Soccer — a tournament for men only
- Beach Tennis — doubles tournament
- Beach Volleyball
- Beach Wrestling
- Coastal Rowing beach sprint
- Open Water Swimming
- Canoe Ocean Racing — the race area is a triangular 10 km long stretch of the sea. Athletes start from the beach, carrying the canoe boats (SS-1) and then rowing for 10km.
- Water ski — consists of slalom, tricks and wakeboard competitions.
The next Mediterranean Beach Games
- Other Beach Games, including the World Beach Games
- About the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup
- Mediterranean Games — multi-sport event for all nations bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
- Other International Multi-Events