The ICC T20 World Cup is the international championship of Twenty20 cricket. The International Cricket Council (ICC) organizes the World Twenty20. The first edition was in South Africa in 2007, where India defeated Pakistan by five runs in the final held in Johannesburg. The most recent tournament was played in Australia.
The ICC World T20 is scheduled to take place every two years. However, no tournament was held in 2018, then the 2020 tournament was postponed. Consequently, there was a five-year gap between the 2016 tournament and the latest tournament which was held in 2021 in UAE and Oman (which was moved from India). One year later, there was a tournament in Australia.
- 2024 — USA & West Indies
- 2026 — India & Sri Lanka
- 2028 — Australia & New Zealand
- 2030 — England, Ireland & Scotland
- List of Winners
- Host Countries
- Formats — changes to the competition format over the years
- Countries that have played at the World Cup
- T20 World Cup Trivia
- About the Women's T20 World Cup
- More cricket tournaments, including the ICC World Cup (ODI)
- Learn more about the sport of Cricket
- International Cricket Calendar
- See other major world sporting events