ICC World Twenty20 (T20)
The ICC World Twenty20, also known as the ICC World T20 or the World Twenty20, is the international championship of Twenty20 cricket. The International Cricket Council (ICC) organizes the World Twenty20.
The first edition of the ICC World Twenty20 was in South Africa in 2007, and won by India, defeating Pakistan by five runs in the final held in Johannesburg. The most recent tournament is being played in held in UAE and Oman.
The ICC World T20 is scheduled to take place every two years. However, no tournament was held in 2018, then the 2020 tournament was postponed. Consequently, there was a five-year gap between the 2016 tournament and the latest tournament being held in 2021 in UAE and Oman (which was moved from India).
- List of Winners
- Host Countries
- Countries that have played at the World Cup
- T20 World Cup Trivia
- About the Women's T20 World Cup
- More cricket tournaments, including the ICC World Cup (ODI)
- Learn more about the sport of Cricket
- International Cricket Calendar
- See other major world sporting events