T20 World Cup Trivia
- The first edition of the ICC World Twenty20 was in South Africa in 2007.
- The first-ever hat-trick in the World Cup was taken by Brett lee against Bangladesh.
- The 2012 World Cup was the first World Twenty20 tournament held in an Asian country. The next three would also be held in Asian countries.
- The ICC World T20 is scheduled to take place every two years. However, no tournament was held in 2018, then the 2020 tournament was postponed. Consequently, there was a five-year gap between the 2016 tournament and the latest tournament being held in 2021 in UAE and Oman (which was moved from India).
- The T20 World Cup in UAE and Oman in 2021 was the first time that a cricket World Cup is being held entirely outside of the Test-playing nations.
- In a group 1 match between Ireland and The Netherlands in 2021, Ireland's
all-rounder Curtis Campher achieved a double hatrick (four wickets in four balls). He became just the third man to complete the feat in a Twenty20 International (the others are Afghanistan's Rashid Khan and Sri Lanka's Lasith Malinga, both in 2019)
- West Indies is the only country to have won the tournament more than once (2012, 2016).
- No host nation has ever win the T20 World Cup.