Women's Cricket World Cup Trivia
Women's WC Home | Results | History | Trivia
- The first Women's Cricket World Cup was held in 1973, two years before the first men's competition
- In 1973 and 1978 the tournament was had a round robin format, and in each case the last match was between Australia and England, the top two ranked teams at that stage, and thus it was contested as the final.
- An International XI women's cricket team contested the 1973 and 1982 World Cups.
- The 1988 final was played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on 18 December 1988. It was only the second time that women's cricket had been played at the G – the first had been in 1949.
- Three teams have competed at every tournament, the same three sides who have each won a title: England, Australia and New Zealand.