Eurofit Sit-Up Test
purpose: This test measures the endurance of the abdominal and hip-flexor muscles.
equipment required: floor mat or flat ground, stopwatch, partner to hold feet.
pre-test: Explain the test procedures to the subject. Perform screening of health risks and obtain informed consent. Prepare forms and record basic information such as age, height, body weight, gender, test conditions. Perform an appropriate warm-up. See more details of pre-test procedures.
procedure: The aim of this test is to perform as many sit-ups as you can in 30 seconds. Lie on the mat with the knees bent at right angles, with the feet flat on the floor and held down by a partner. The fingers are to be interlocked behind the head. On the command 'Go', raise the chest so that the upper body is vertical, then return to the floor. Continue for 30 seconds. For each sit up the back must return to touch the floor.
scoring: The maximum number of correctly performed sit ups in 30 seconds is recorded. The sit up will not be counted if the subject fails to reach the vertical position, fail to keep your fingers interlocked behind your head, arch or bow your back and raise your buttocks off the ground to raise your upper body, or let your knees exceed a 90-degree angle.
The Test in Action
- This test of abdominal strength and muscular endurance forms part of the Eurofit Testing Battery.
- General Abdominal Endurance Test description
- The Marine PFT Sit up
- The Navy PRT sit-up test
- Army APFT sit-up test
- Simple sit-up test that you can do at home
- The Presidents Challenge sit-up test
- About Abdominal Testing
- About the Eurofit Testing Battery
- Videos of Sit Up Fitness Tests
- Other speed and power tests, all fitness test list
- Sit up exercise at the beach or at home
- Sit Up World Records