Roasted chickpeas are a great high protein snack. This way of cooking them adds flavour and crunch without taking away the nutritional value. These are a good replacement for high fat potato chips.
- Drain, rinse peel and fully dry chickpeas.
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 170oC
- Lay on a baking tray, bake for 40-50 minutes
- Add seasoning to taste
A cooking class is a great way to give athletes more confidence in the kitchen, teach some cooking skills and educate them a little along the way. See our guide to conducting a cooking class, with example menus which includes this recipe.
- How to Conduct a Cooking Class
- Example Menus for Cooking Classes
- More Athlete Recipes
- Recommended Cookbooks for Athletes
- About the Survival Cookbook series
- Resources for the Sports Dietitian