Nutrition Kiosk: Sydney 2000
The following information summarizes information that was part of a nutrition website created for the athletes at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games that is unfortunately no longer available. See more on the World Menu for Sydney 2000. This page is about the nutrition kiosk located in the Olympic Games Village World Dining Hall.
The nutrition kiosk was staffed by volunteer dietitians from Sports Dietitians Australia. At the kiosk, athletes were be able to:
- Find out about food items on the menu.
- Get a nutritional analysis of their meals.
- Read information sheets on various nutrition topics. (information also available online)
- Ask the experts questions about sports nutrition (they could also ask questions via a online form).
A research team from the University of Sydney were also based at the kiosk as part of a project to investigate the pre-competition diet of elite athletes. Any athlete who was representing their country at an elite level in their selected sport were able to participate. As part of the study the athletes were asked to answer a short questionnaire about their pre-competition strategies and the World Menu, and afterwards were provided with a print out of the nutritional analysis of their pre-competition diet. See a list of some of the research that has originated from the nutrition data collected during these Olympics.
- Olympic Games Nutrition in Sydney 2000
- Olympic Village nutrition, includes links to info about the menu at other Olympic Games.
- Nutrition at the Olympics
- History of the Olympic Games Athlete Villages
- Nutrition for Athletes at Major Events