World Menu for Sydney 2000
There was a specific website created by dietitians with the University of Sydney for the athletes at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, located at http://www.nutr.biochem.usyd.edu.au/ (no longer available). Although the website is no longer active, we have created a summary of the information and other services it provided as we believe it was an important historical site in terms of Olympic Games nutrition.
- World Menu — There was a world menu developed developed for international athletes, containing over 1,500 individual food items designed to meet the nutritional needs of athletes, cater for cultural and religious requirements, and reflect the culinary diversity of Sydney.
- Menu Planner — Athletes were able to visit the Nutrition Kiosk and obtain a full analysis of the meals that they had eaten or were intending to eat.
- Nutrition Kiosk — There was a nutrition kiosk located in the Olympic Games Village World Dining Hall staffed by volunteer dietitians from Sports Dietitians Australia.
- Nutrition Research — several scientific research papers have come out of the nutrition information gathered during the 2000 Olympic Games.
- Olympic Games Nutrition in Sydney 2000
- Olympic Village nutrition, includes links to info about the menu at other Olympic Games.
- Nutrition at the Olympics
- History of the Olympic Games Athlete Villages
- Nutrition for Athletes at Major Events