We hear about these terms all the time, but due to the hype that is often surrounding them in the media, we don't always know what they really are.
Here is a no-nonsense guide to some of the components of the food we eat.
- Carbohydrates — not the evil food you thought it is.
- Amino Acids — the building blocks of protein.
- Glycemic Index (GI) — low and high GI foods explained.
- Antioxidants — what are they really?
- Probiotics — probiotics are live microorganisms which can increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- L-carnitine — an introduction to the benefits of L-Carnitine. Discover the power of organic L-Carnitine for weight loss, energy boost and more.
- Calcium — for building bones.
- Zinc — an essential nutrient needed for enzyme activity and the immune system.
- Cholesterol — keeping it down.
- Preservative 282 — a food additive and preservative.
- Caffeine — is it good or bad for us.
- Sports Nutrition — nutritional advice for the active person
- Macro-Nutrients and Athletic Performance