Shrugs with Dumbbells
Equipment Required: a pair of dumbbells
- Start by standing upright with your feet shoulder-width apart and the knees relaxed, while holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Let your arms hang at your sides with the palms facing in.
- Pull the weight up by raising the shoulders towards the ears without bending the elbows.
- After a pause slowly return to the starting position.
Key points to remember
- Keep the abdominals tight and the lower back in a neutral position
- The intensity of this exercise can be modified using a variety of weights and by modifying the number of repetitions and sets
- Any weighted object can be used rather than dumbbells, so this exercise can be performed at home without the need of specific equipment.