Outer Thigh Lift
- To strengthen your outer thigh (abductor) muscles, glutes
- Equipment Required: a firm but not hard surface such as an exercise mat
- Lie on your left side, your head resting on your hand, your shoulders, hips, and knees in a straight line.
- Place your top hand on the floor in front of your chest and support your head with the other.
- Slowly lift your top leg straight up and slightly back as high as you can.
- Hold for a slow count of 5, then lower slowly.
- After you've completed your repetitions, change sides.
- Start with five repetitions each side, and increase to 20 as you get fitter.
Key points to remember
- Lower the leg slowly back to the floor in a controlled manner - do not just drop it.
- Keep the top foot flexed
- For added balance, you can bend your bottom leg.
- You can do this exercise with the upper leg straight or bent at the knee.