Inner Thigh Lift
- To strengthen your inner thigh (adductor) muscles
Equipment Required: a firm but not hard surface such as an exercise mat
- Lie on your left side, propping yourself on your left elbow and forearm. Cross the right leg over the left, placing the right foot on the floor next to your left knee.
- With your foot flexed, lift your left leg slowly two to three inches, or as far as comfortable.
- Slowly lower your leg to the floor
- As you repeat the lifts, be sure to keep your body aligned. Do not roll back onto your buttock.
- Change sides and repeat.
- Start with five repetitions each side, and increase to 20 as you get fitter.
Key points to remember
- Lower the leg slowly in a controlled manner, do not just drop it.
- An allternative position is with your bent leg resting behind the bottom leg.