The women's football team from USA has participated at the FIFA Women's World Cup every time it has been held, since the first in 1991. The US have won the tournament four times, in 1991, 1999, 2015 and 2019. USA have also hosted the Women's World Cup twice - in 2003 and 1999.
In 2023, the USA team were defeated by Sweden in the round of 16, their worst performance ever at the World Cup. The USA had made at least the semi-finals in all previous tournaments.
- USA won the first-ever women's world cup in 1991.
- USA player and 40-year-old Christie Rampone, became the oldest player in Women's World Cup history in 2015.
- Alyssa Naeher made World Cup history in 2023, becoming the first goalie to take a penalty. She scored her penalty during the shootout in their defeat by Sweden.
- About the men's team from USA at the football World Cup
- Soccer in the USA - where is it heading?
- About Sport in USA
- List of nations that have participated at the women's world cup
- Women's World Cup Home