Fastest Goal Scorers at the World Cup
The fastest goal in a World Cup match was scored by Turkey's Hakan Sükür after only 11 seconds, scored in the third-place play-off match against South Korea in 2002. There are many more goals scored within the first minute of matches at the World Cup.
The fastest goal in a final was 90 seconds, scored by Johan Neeskens in a match between The Netherlands and West Germany in 1974.
List of the fastest goals
|1||11"||Hakan Şükür||Turkey||2002 Korea/Japan|
|2||15"||Václav Mašek||Chechoslovakia||1962 Chile|
|3||23"||Pak Seung-zin||North Korea||1966 England|
|4||24"||Ernst Lehner||Germany||1934 Italy|
|5||27"||Bryan Robson||England||1982 Spain|
|6||29"||Clint Dempsey||USA||2014 Brazil|
|7||35"||Emile Veinante||France||1938 France|
|8||35"||Arne Nyberg||Sweden||1938 France|
|9||37"||Bernard Lacombe||France||1978 Argentina|
|10||50"||Florian Albert||Hungary||1962 Chile|
|11||50"||Adalbert Desu||Romaina||1930 Uruguay|
These timings of goals are from various sources online, and are sometimes found listed slightly differently, though usually within a second or two. Not all lists online have the fast goals from 1930-1938, as without video evidence it is hard to collaborate some of these figures.
Other fastest goals
- The fastest goal by a substitute was made by Ebbe Sand of Denmark against Nigeria in the second round in 1998. Sand scored only 16 secs after coming on in Denmark's 4-1 win.
- World Cup Records
- Youngest Goal Scorers at the World Cup
- Goal Scoring Trivia
- Top goal scorers from Brazil 2014, Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022
- South Africa 2010 goal scorers list.
- Complete Germany 2006 goal scorers list.
- List of World Cup Top Goal Scorers (total goals)
- FIFA World Cup awards, including the Golden Ball Winners (best player)