The 1900 Olympic Games were held in Paris, France. These second modern Games were overshadowed by, and incorporated into, the Paris Exposition. 1,319 men from 26 countries competed in 75 events, although it was not entirely clear - even to some of the participants - which events were actually part of the Olympics.
- More athletes than spectators attended the 1900 Paris Olympic Games.
- The boy who coxed the winning pair in the rowing events at the 1900 Olympics is believed to be only 7 years old. (see oldest and youngest)
- Football was the first team sport added to the Olympics in 1900.
- Croquet was contested at only one Olympic Games, in 1900.
- Women are allowed to compete in lawn tennis and golf.
- The first woman to win an Olympic event was England's Charlotte Cooper, who won the tennis singles, though sailor Hélène de Pourtalès was the first woman to compete at the Olympics and the first female Olympic medalist. See more.
- The sailing regattas took place in two locations, though both on the Seine. This was due to the big draught of certain boats which prevented them from navigating the river.
- There were five sports in which athletes from different nations competed on the same team: tennis, football, polo, rowing and tug of war.
- Cricket made its only appearance at the Olympic Games. A British team won the only match against a French team, becoming the only Olympic gold medalists in cricket, and therefore the current Olympic Champions.
- Pigeon shooting was a sport in 1900. Fortunately this shooting event was short lived. It was the only time animals were killed on purpose during an Olympic event.
- The Paris swimming events were held in the River Siene, which meant that the contestants had to contend with the current too. A highlight of the swimming competition was the 200m Obstacle Race.
- In the 1900 long jump event, American Myer Prinstein finished 2nd despite not even showing up for the finals. He did not to participate in the finals on the Sunday due to his Christian beliefs, but his qualifying jumps from a previous day counted.
- list of sports at the 1900 Olympic Games
- Complete list of Olympic host cities
- Paris Olympic Games 1924
- France at the Olympic Games
- biomechanics and anthropometry at the 1900 Olympics
- Sport in France
- 1900: The Year in Sport