10 x 5m Shuttle Test
This test of speed and agility part of the Eurofit Testing Battery. Participants run back and forth over 5 meters, for a total of 50m.
- purpose: this is a test of speed and agility
- equipment required: stopwatch, measuring tape, marker cones, a flat non-slip surface
- procedure: marker cones and/or lines are placed five meters apart. Start with a foot at one marker. When instructed by the timer, the subject runs to the opposite marker, turns and returns to the starting line. This is repeated five times without stopping (covering 50 meters total). At each marker both feet must fully cross the line.
- scoring: Record the total time taken to complete the 50 m course.
- variations: There are many variations of the shuttle test. Depending on the distance of each shuttle and the number repetitions, different energy systems are being tested. For example, the 20m Shuttle aerobic test, the 10m Agility Shuttle and the 300 yard anaerobic shuttle test.