The UK Fire Service requires new recruits to undergo fitness assessments as part of the recruitment process. Below is some information about the fitness requirements and standards. This information is presented for discussion and may be out of date - for the latest information see official sources.
See also testing for:
UK Fire Service Assessment Tests
This information was from June 2007. You will have to undertake a series of tests such as:
- Lung Capacity
- Chester Step Test
- Strength Tests
- Eye Tests
- Urine Sample
- Blood Test
- A visit to the on site Doctor
- Chester Treadmill Test — a walking multistage treadmill test of aerobic capacity, developed by Professor Kevin Sykes from the University of Chester, specifically developed for the Fire Service of England and Wales.
- See also testing for the Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
- See the pages on fitness testing for: Navy, Army, Air Force, Law Enforcement (Police), and general forces tests.
- Poll: Should women have the same fitness testing standards as men?
- Video of forces fitness testing