Australian Unusual Sports
Here are the unusual sports that you can find in Australia. Come along and see the action, or join in if you are game. See our large list of unusual sports from around the world, and others categorized by country.
List of Australian Unusual Sports
- Apple Race — where else but on the apple isle of Tasmania.
- Beer Can Regatta — recycling empties.
- Cane Toad Racing — jump to it.
- Cockroach Racing — right there till the end.
- Cow Racing — moo too.
- Dunny Derby — another meaning of the runs.
- Dwarf throwing — why so grumpy?
- Goanna Pulling — a version of tug-of-war.
- Hemp Olympics — oh man!
- Henley on Todd Regatta — where did the water go?
- Lizard Racing Championships — flat out like a lizard
- Milk Carton Regatta — have you had your milk today?
- Moonrock Throwing — they go further on the moon.
- Nude Olympics #1 — following the tradition of the ancient Games, held in Maslin Beach, SA.
- Nude Olympics #2 — held in Queensland (then NSW), Australia.
- Pig Racing and Diving — pigs really can fly.
- Scotland Island 500 — Sydney's annual aquatic dog race.
- Sheep Counting — playing this sport may put you to sleep.
- Trugo —
- Tuna Toss — hurling the fish in Port Lincoln, South Australia
- Yabbie Races — an Australian tradition.
Do you have a suggestion? Another sport to add to the list? Then, contact me.
- Unusual sports categorized by country
- alphabetical list of unusual sports
- my top 10 favorite unusual sports
- This site's 10 most viewed unusual sports
- sport in Australia