Here is the top 10 unusual sports from this site based on page views. There are plenty more - browse the over 100 unusual sport or events, or see My Top-10 unusual sports list.
- Bed Racing — for some reason, first race in 1965 was only open to Army, Navy and American Marines, but now the competition is open to anyone with a bed.
- World Gurning Contest — A competition where the ugliest face wins, which would be an easy competition for some, though it is not something that I would be proud of winning.
- Dwarf Throwing — this sport seems to be banned now, for some reason.
- Extreme Ironing — who said ironing was easy? These extreme sports people take it to the limit, ironing in far out places.
- Pooh Sticks — A not so sticky event invented by the book character Winnie the Pooh, that involves racing sticks thrown over a bridge into the river.
- Zorbing — rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball is sport for some, torture for others.
- Worm Charming — bring as many worms to the surface as you can
- Cheese Rolling — get yourself and the cheese to the bottom of a hill.
- Toe Wrestling — battle of the big toes.
- Apple Race — race your apples, where else but on the apple isle of Tasmania.
Most Popular Other Pages
- Unusual Sports Index Page
- Complete List of Unusual Sports
- My Top-10 List
- Animal Races
- Unusual Sports Names
- List by nation
- Throwing Comps
- Olympic Type Events
- Browse the complete list of nearly 100 unusual sports
- Compare to My Top-10 unusual sports list
- A selection of videos of unusual sports
Any comments, suggestions, or corrections? Please let us know.